WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Affinity Photo for Windows

Old 11-11-16, 08:18

Default Affinity Photo for Windows

Serif are releasing Affinity Photo Windows beta (still under development, but almost ready for sale) as free download.

This is a really great bit of photo editing software that has only been available for Mac (and the main reason I keep using the crappy machine).

It's not quite as good as full-blown Photoshop, but blows elements out of the water.

Give it a try, and if you like it it will probably cost no more that £40.00.

https://affinity.serif.com/blog/affi...available-now/
Old 19-11-16, 21:09

Last Mac that I ever dare to own is a Quad Core Apple Mac Pro that despite a fortune spent on it, huge 32GB of RAM even for today's standard, a lot of blub blulbbb, has mostly collected dust in past several years, as my fault was to dump all the money for something that was pure Mac by the standard of the day and not ran on Intel Processor, so basically a dead product that is totally handicapped by software and then Mac's policy in obsoleting anything they build in favor of the new arrival.
Now is this software compatible with non Intel processors or I will see the same annoying message, if I try to fire up the old machine?

Anyhow a good find and should see if PC users now will fall for it or what.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 19-11-16 at 21:11.
Old 19-11-16, 22:10

Hi Sassan, there's an awful lot of hype about Macs, but you have to be careful what you say: there's an Apple Fanboy on the forum who goes apeshit if you dare criticise Macs.
Give the free trial version of Affinity Photo for Windows a try.
Old 19-11-16, 23:24

Haha.
Thanks Mike. I will.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 20-11-16, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsnapper View Post
Hi Sassan, there's an awful lot of hype about Macs, but you have to be careful what you say: there's an Apple Fanboy on the forum who goes apeshit if you dare criticise Macs.
Best laugh that I've had today. PMSL.
Old 23-11-16, 16:49

Quote:
...This is a really great bit of photo editing software that has only been available for Mac (and the main reason I keep using the crappy machine).
Quote:
So just to put some clarity on this. In the other thread you started about Macs, you stated that you wanted a computer that had a built-in optical drive; Macs don’t, so why did you buy one? You stated that you wanted a computer with USB ports on the front: Macs don’t, so why did you buy one?
If you had visited your local Apple store and looked at an iMac you would have very quickly realised that the machine did not meet your requirements.
If you had visited your local PC World store and looked at an iMac you would have very quickly realised that the machine did not meet your requirements.
If you were unable to travel to a shop to view the product you could very easily have gone onto the Apple website and very quickly established that an iMac was not suitable for your requirements.
But did you do any of the above, no. You went ahead and bought a computer without first checking that it was suitable for your needs. And because it doesn’t meet your requirements you then come on here and have the audacity slag off Apple. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.
There is only ONE person at fault here and it certainly isn’t Apple.

Now if stating the obvious makes me a “Fanboy” then so be it, I can live with that.
Old 23-11-16, 17:35

Hi John,
Haven't heard from you in a long time. How have you been keeping? You know, that was so easy reeling you in like a floundering fish.
Don't leave it so long next time.
Regards,
Mike