WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Need Help for RAW Software.

Old 21-09-07, 08:54

Default Need Help for RAW Software.

I have a Canon 400D what software do i need to process RAW at the mowment all i have is what came with Canon,digital phote professional have tried this but do i need somthing better.
Old 21-09-07, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavy94 View Post
I have a Canon 400D what software do i need to process RAW at the mowment all i have is what came with Canon,digital phote professional have tried this but do i need somthing better.
Have you got the latest version of DPP Tavy, only there was a upgrade not too long ago (go to the Canon website to check).
DPP is a good RAW converter but I do not like the user interface as much as say, ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) problem is ACR comes free with CS2/CS3 or Lightroom so you would need one of these progs. Not sure if Elements comes with ACR but if it does then it is fairly cheap and is good for Post Processing. What ever you go for you need to check to see if it supports 400D RAW files.
I am sure other users will recommend other RAW converters, there are a lot out there.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM
Old 21-09-07, 12:42

Elements 5 does come with ACR and the latest update covers the 400D and the 40D too. To update to the latest version you have to find the plugin on Adobes website and make sure you read the instructions on how to insert it.
Old 21-09-07, 13:25

Just uploaded the latest version of DPP Roy will have play with it.
Old 01-10-07, 14:32
Chris

I find I rarely need to go beyond what you can do in DPP for my 350D. For the 400 you will also find that it can learn where any dust is that has got past the sensor protection and remove it at a poke

The main exception is there is no horizon level tool and occasionally it is worth using NeatImage or similar for final polish and you can do that via PSElements, 4 will do.

generally, such limitations as there are in DPP help one to keep pics realistic. I have even gone back over my FZ7 pics and achieved better results than with PSE in 1/4 of the time.
Old 01-10-07, 15:03

Best RAW convertor is Phase One very easy to use.
Old 01-10-07, 15:27

Go to the rawshooter site you can a raw program which is a free down load !
http://www.photo-freeware.net/raw-sh...essentials.php
Old 02-10-07, 15:28

I use Captureone pro which is very good then after procces i go into
PHOTOCLEANERpro which is very go but not for raw as yet ! but it is a brilliant program i use it for sharpening as it will do it in stages,also borders,puting a name on many things and it is only about £17 for the pro one you can get it online ,dont use the other one raw shooter as i dont need to now !cheers.Tony.
Old 02-10-07, 16:06

Another vote for Phase One's Capture One raw processor. The LE version is very reasonably priced, you may have even got a licence activation code free with a recent purchase of a Sandisk Extreme III card if you're lucky.

Duncan
Old 02-10-07, 21:47

I agree with Miketoll, ellements 5 had raw and a visit to adobe ebsite will give you a link to download the new patch, make sure you follow instruction though! i did and it worked!