WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Projects

Old 03-09-09, 16:22

Default Projects

Hi all

A quick question for the members .

ive just bought a DSLR last week and ive been shooting away taking shots of just about everythink i see getting used to the different shooting modes (tv av m p ) ect and learning as i go ! my question is, do you remember one of the first projects you done ?. If so could you let me know what it was so i could give it a go !just for the fun of it.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Old 03-09-09, 22:41

It took me a very long time before I started having projects I worked at in a systematic way. My current one, which I have been working on for a good two years, is the Dark Peak landscape through the seasons, but there have been other mini-projects such as shooting my father's wedding, picture calendars of my kids for their grandparents and the like. My first 'projects', though I didnt think of them that way at the time, were more to do with exploring the possibilities of a new bit of kit or lens. I spent a long time playing around with a macro lens when I first got one, exploring what it would do, and the technicalities and aesthetics of macro.
Old 03-09-09, 23:26

Thanks for the reply Gordon

I think i know what im going to do now.

ATB Paul
Old 09-09-09, 03:16

Hi Paul,
I've spent a couple of years 'just shooting stuff', mainly cats (mine and a rescue centers), but thought, like you, I need to do 'something' - anything. So I set about doing a photobook of 50 or so pics taken inside a local cafe. The first 20 (ish) where easy, but after that it gets difficult finding pictures. Just got the book up to Blurbs site this afternoon and its not a bad first effort, not brilliant, but not bad

Really got my photographic juices flowing again that did, so now I'm onto my second - Just random dogs I see around town, see what I can do with that

Just pick a subject you like and force yourself to get out and do it. Do like me and make book or get them framed and printed, whatever, but I found that working towards something solid at the end of it, spurred me on.

HTH

Old 09-09-09, 07:55

Projects can be challenging, which is half the fun of them. I did a series on postboxes in my film days, that was probably my first. I've latterly done a series of interesting doorways, and also a food and drink themed one.