WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Help on which camera to get

Old 17-03-07, 17:43

What a refreshing thread! As some of you may have noticed, I've been away for the last week or so, I come back to find this thread. If only you guys knew how honest, open and enlightened it is to see such an attitude, compared to the usual brand fanaticism.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this. It's so good to see a web photography forum where people realise it's the photographer that takes the pictures, the camera is just a tool.

In response to the original question, I'd agree that there's no such thing as a bad dSLR out there at the moment. Go and have a look at all of them. If birding/wildlife is your only thing, then I'd second Pete's suggestion that Canon/Nikon is the way to go, simply because of the huge range of long lenses available. If you want to cover a full range of subjects, then I wouldn't discount "other" brands.
Old 29-03-07, 10:05
Super Moderator

hi 'thefitter', just curious whether you've decided to go for a dslr and if so what you went for.
Old 29-03-07, 16:00

Hi Postcardcv , at the moment im going to continue with the Lumix fz30 but keep my eyes open for either a good priced new Nikon dslr with additional zoom lens or a similar one in good used condition . I was looking at your websight last week . Im rather envious of some of the photo you have taken .
As soon as something "developes" on the camera front I will post to site.
Mick