View Single Post
Old 30-09-07, 22:25

I'm looking for something in this area too.

Just tried out the Extensis Portfolio demo, but its not really what I'm after. Firstly it failed to create about 10% of the thumbnails during a scan of a DVD, and they had to be regenerated after the initial scan had finished by reselecting the missing thumbs. As I name everything with location and date it did automatically create location keywords. It also seemed to be fairly easy to add other keywords to groups of files. However it had a propensity to sit doing nothing a lengthy periods of time. For example when I removed the DVD, selected a couple of images and told it to copy them some where else it sat spinning its heels, cancel didn't work and I eventually had to kill it.

Basically what I want is to be able to catalogue DVDs full of photos, add keywords to groups of files, and then later on do searches like: 'diptera' or all 'darters photographed in Warwickshire'.

I want to be able to select the photos, tell the program to copy them to the 'images' directory, and have the program prompt me for the CD/DVDs I need to insert.

Anyone know of anything that will do that?