View Single Post
Old 18-11-08, 07:38

Oh one other thing I forgot to mentioned about FD to EOS converters is the ingenuity of some people (Where is Don?).

Long time back I saw one auction on ebay where the seller physically converted the camera end of long lens (A 600mm SSC F/4.5 Canon FD) into an EOS by a yet to find out how, one way, permanent conversion. He then added a chips that fools the new camera body, harbouring the old lens to think that lens is an electronic F/1.4 electronic lens (No error 99!) so you could have the electrical coupling. What it does, it gives you that Red Focus confirmation waring in your eos viewfinder once your subject is in perfect focus, of couse, needless to say, you must focus manually.
I contacted the guy about the conversion, but he must have been desperated from low final sale price he got on the lens (About $800 that was a steal and Just can't find out how I missed it) so he never responded to me but may be our Don can through some light into this matter. I am ready to make a permanent FD - EOS conversion in a DIY way if get adequate information and no I suck in welding (I am OK with unscrewing though).

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN