View Single Post
Old 06-06-07, 03:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
Hi Sassan,

Thanks for that. I just ran Norton Spyware scan. Result in attatched pic. That cookie is now gone but there is still something there as I get the prompt on each page of WPF but I can at least click YES

I will run a full syytem scan as that has detected other spyware before.

Thank you for that.

Don
You are welcome.
Good to know at least partly problem solved.
Norton is OK but not the best.
If problem still persist after full system scan do a system Restore. Here is a quick go thro if you need;
Start>
. -Accessories>
. -System tools>
. -System Restore
Please look at the picture #1 below, and chose an older date from calendar when you knew you PC was working fine. Seat back and let computer go back and restore a period of time that it was functioning well.

Now after rebooting you need to do the real preventive stuff. So don't relay alone on your NAV.

1- Download and install Window Defender. Here is the Link:

- LINK TO WINDOWS DEFENDER

2- Download and install Spybot - Search and destroy

- LINK - 2

3- Download and install Ad aware. Choose option 4, free download.

- LINK - 3

Now with all three running once in a while (Each does slightly independent job than other) you should be in good hand.

BTW if some members think Mac users are immune from these, tell them to think again. I have a magazine that can be send for reference of anyone interested to see stories are the same, vulnerabilities are the same only numbers of problem makers are proportional to computer users. Also if next time send your old mac as donation to (No insult to anyone but just referred from true statistics) China or Russia, you will actually see how competent are the problem makers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1s.jpg (115.5 KB, 11 views)

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 06-06-07 at 03:58.