View Single Post
Old 30-08-08, 21:32

So who is going to be the first one to put up a picture taken with 50D on WPF? I hate that person right from now!

If you consider 10D also in two digit "D" series of Canon's DSLRs, the switch from 10D to 20D was a giant one.
20D to 30D move was just a face lift or heavy make up and nothing more.
40D to 30D was again a mutation. A giant move.
40D to 50D is again another cosmetic, economical / technical move.

In reality I see no reason for owner of 40D to make the move. It even gets more attractive right now for a fresh buyer to pick up the under $1000 40D when compare to any competition, Canon or Non-Canon for an excellent updated photo capturing device. If one must be the guy with the newest tool in the block, then 50D is excellent choice around 4 to five hundred dollar higher price tag for just a little more. I guess bottom line is for Canon to assess the buyer market before the final, long waited for, announcement of new 5D that is targeted to the same population of buyer only with bigger caliber need and valet.

I guess I will wait for now. Experience tells me patience is to my benefit. Either 50D's fresh price is gonna drop or new 5D is going to show up on the shelf soon...

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 30-08-08 at 21:37.