Thread: Manipulation
View Single Post
Old 30-08-06, 21:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowyowl
If enhancing helps, do it.
Wow Snowy, this needs to be written in gold and truly no one could said it any better.

Photography can be viewed as a branch of art in extension and simplified form of painting. Any effort making the end result either more beautiful, interesting or more realistic in eyes of the viewer is a successful effort.

Also apart from olden days changes in darkroom, please do not forget about the color filters, soft filters, reflectors and play with light, multiple exposures, etc. And I do not recollect any one of them was considered as cheating.

As Christ rightly said, I also view PPEA (Post processing enhancement / alterations) as spice and salt in the food. In right quantity it gives that unique taste to end result and if too much or too little, you know the rest...

Having said that Ian, I share with you that even now when a picture impresses me a lot first question I ask myself is; Is this camera fresh! or altered as if the answer should make any difference. I believe things will settle in no time and till then we will complete our process of acclimatization.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN