View Single Post
Old 25-07-06, 15:55

Nikon needs to replace the D50, i.e. an entry level camera at competitive price to Canon's XT / 350. And I emphasis on price being match or better than XT/350. Right now if anybody wants advice from me as to go for 1st DSLR, my generalized answer is XT or if budget is an issue, Pentax iST DL, especially if upgrade is not an issue in future.

But the major issue Nikon needs to consider is out flux of many Professional (Talking of F class) that attracted by excellent choices and quality of Canon's L series lenses have already said good bye to Nikon. I could not believe the ridiculously low price I paid when hunting a Nikon N90s AP E2000 with digital back from Kodak on ebay this week end, just because the news paper firm selling this has switched to Canon, disposing all of Nikon inventory. Just have a look at any major world level sport (World Cup for instance) and see what percentage of professionals are not using those lovely long heavy white lenses with attractive Red ring in front i.e. Canon L users?
I think Nikon has started some effort with introduction of very competitively priced good quality 18-200mm VR Lens but this should be the area of concern Nikon needs to consider and address, if they are not going to loss more of their professional fans.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 26-07-06 at 04:28.