Thread: The D810
View Single Post
Old 09-07-14, 05:57

Shakespearian curse states: Man plans, God laughs. Well I am no God but laughed well going through this thread.

IMO, all D810 has to say is lullaby and relaxing words to Canon for their soon to show up 5D mk IV. With the mutation D800 made two years back, I was thinking of replacement could be another deal breaker but no, Just usual old business… a tad play with introducing (not new) Anti-aliasing filter and new name… D810 at best is a facelift of D800E similar to what 5D MK III did to II or even worse. All the improvements c/w D800E is on the paper and seriously I don’t think Andy you should rush to change you existing D800E specially that you have already switched to D800E but then, well I am sure newer D810 fits your shoulder better, in more harmonious way. The only good news is that price is not any higher than previous D800E and B&H here in USA has started selling D810 at US$ 3297 (Body without lens).

This seems to be the reason why I am seeing the lowest prices on D800E recently, including todays ebay’s Daily deal for a penny under $2400 that was the best price I saw in past for D800 and never for a new D800E.

Clive: Will that blue pill do any good for the syndrome you say?

Mike: If you were in last 16 years or so waiting for the new Canon 100-400 to show up, you must be: 1-Very smart to wait on the right product; 2- Very rich, saving all the bucks so far and not spending. But then you know better that It’s not possible to perfect an item that is already perfect (100-400L) or one can add II and III to the name, with a tad change of color or adding / subtracting another red ring on the lens.

Now my only wish is for Canon to have a final word for Nikon, (After beaten badly 2 years back) now that their cat is out of hand and looking like a monozygotic twin of the old baby, hopefully new Canon would be something that I may get convince to sell / retire my 5D II and move to IV.

CANON if you are listening I am talking of build in WiFi, GPS, few more focusing points, less noise on high ISO and hopefully a 4K video with better stereo audio and hopefully integrated ML on the new 5D Mk IV and I discussed all with Santa in detail and had hard time controlling myself not asking him to add an integrated iphone into 5D for the auto firmware update, then social media upload of images or cloud direct connectivity now that my cellphone provider still provides me with unlimited data plan…. Did I hear someone laughing?!

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 09-07-14 at 06:03.