WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Manfrotto 055CXPro4

Old 24-03-09, 21:06

Default Manfrotto 055CXPro4

Hi Folks,

New on this board and I wonder if anyone own's the above tripod?

I've used a Feisol carbon fibre tripod that is dying and like the lightweight but would like to be able to add a bag for stability when it's windy. The Feisol has one. Does any owner of the Manfrotto 055CXPro4 care to tell me if you can attach a bag for extra stability...is there any way of doing this without disrupting the stability?

Cheers

Graham
Old 24-03-09, 21:25

Graham, I have an 055MF4, you can unclip the strap, loop the handle of a bag around it, and clip the strap back on if you want. You'd have to get the strap length just right to stop the bag swinging about though. It did not come with a "stone bag" like you get with the CF Velbons.

Duncan
Old 24-03-09, 21:38

Default Cheers

Thanks Duncan. There's a guy in the local camera club that is selling a Manfrotto 055MF4. Maybe I'll chat to him!
Old 25-03-09, 10:10

Hi Graham, yes you can with the MF0554 - as Duncan says you use the clips at either end of the handle. With the Carbon Fibre Manfrotto 055CXPro4 There does not seem to be a clip for a carry handle so I think any weight you hang on it would have to be a Home Made job.

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!

Last edited by andy153; 25-03-09 at 17:16.
Old 26-03-09, 23:35

I bought a 055CXPro4 not long ago Graham - much lighter than the alumium 3 section 055 I used to use, packs more compactly and is a little taller fuller extended too. Same flexibility of leg spread as the older 055's. It does have an attachment for a strap on the base plate, though it is a plastic fitting. There is also a hook as part of the base plate, which came in useful when attaching my camera bag to the tripod for a bit more weight in strong winds this week.
So far, very satisfied with it.