WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Thoughts on DSLR's future developments

Old 15-11-07, 00:49

The apple iDSLR is soon to be realeased.

its a 10.1mp DSLR with wirless connection to instantly upload your images to a mac. this al so uses accelerometer technology The accelerometer detects when you rotate iDSLR from portrait to landscape, then automatically changes the display, so you immediately see the entire width of a photo in its proper landscape aspect ratio.

it has the ipod technology which runs from a seperate SD card and connects to itunes for instant download. using safari you can connect to wpf and submit your photos instantly.

and of course it features the new iphone system conected via bluetooth to a seperate handset.

only available on o2 and Nikon

Old 15-11-07, 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieZ740 View Post

its a 10.1mp DSLR with wirless connection to instantly upload your images to a mac. this al so uses accelerometer technology The accelerometer detects when you rotate iDSLR from portrait to landscape, then automatically changes the display, so you immediately see the entire width of a photo in its proper landscape aspect ratio.

it has the ipod technology which runs from a seperate SD card and connects to itunes for instant download. using safari you can connect to wpf and submit your photos instantly.

and of course it features the new iphone system conected via bluetooth to a seperate handset.

Hmmmm, doesn't sound exactly revolutionary. My Pentax has auto rotate portrait/landscape built in and I'm no expert on other brands but I'd be astonished if equivalent models from bigger names didn't have this feature. They do, don't they?

As for wi-fi instant upload, literally 'straight out of the camera' - you'd better get it right before you press the button. This again isn't anything revolutionary. You can buy a wi-fi SD card that does this, see:
http://www.eye.fi/

I can't currently make phone calls using my camera, for me, this is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Duncan
Old 15-11-07, 21:28

I think Jim Seaman is right on the point.
Technology that exist in lab right now, will become available to us in next 10 years, why, manufacturers should recover their money from investing in research and additionally their expected normal daily profit.

Duncan; If you replace the memory card by the wifi card that sends your images to pc/mac, can you tell me how the wifi card reads the image files that are now over you table or in your hand?
Canon has the wifi built in the power grip but I believe the price is around $800 to 1000 that means they are not building it for me unless I feel confidence on Bad Ebay in next ten years for one.

Two things I like to surely see in DSLRs and I mean soon, first Real Hard drive (I said real because I am aware and own several IBM microHD card that are between 128MB WOW, and 340MB, of course this is to exclude a few of non functional 1-5GB ones that came by third party manufacturers that turn to a toy or a memory symbol once they fall from finger tip to the palm of hand or just by themselves plan not to work anymore). Installing 2.5 format laptop HD of say 160GB is so simple, small and easy that I am not sure WHY it is not done yet. Someone once told me the moving internal HD motor can act like a gyro... what a joke. We have video camera right now with HD that work perfectly without driving you out of your ballance...

Then I like to see the LCD on DSLR to be movable like many other cheaper point and shoots like Canon S3. Why? It is very practical for low angle view, hight angle shooting from top of the head of audience standing in front of you etc Of course then you like to see full time display option like the PnS to go with this and heel todays batteries can take care of the needed extra demand.
Of course internal GPS would be a plus, High definition TV, DVD compatibility and projections display on the wall, are appreciated and surely phone, electronic ID to be used instead of passport or driving license, photo ID, credit card, and also a flat hard under surface of camera body to be used for ironing the cloths now that there is enough internal heat build up are all in the wish list...

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 15-11-07 at 21:50.
Old 30-11-07, 21:39

LCD shutters - no moving parts

mirror-less (pellix)

interchangeable prism/ finder options

switchable 'passive' to 'active' ir focus option without resorting to using one on an add on flashgun

touch screen option on LCD

shutter cover on LCD (after all the development of a DSLR we resort to clipping on a bit of tupperware to protect the LCD?!)

Tiltable LCD

Better moisture/ weather/shock proofing on entry level and mid range DSLR's

A real reduction in the price of rechargeable battery units...or coming together with several 'industry standard' units.....(a bit like car light bulbs?)

Variable touch/sensitivity control on key buttons (e.g like shutter release...hair trigger or a hard jab of a gloved finger?)

Availability in a variety of colours....pink, blue, green, yellow and white colours as frequently seen outside the DSLR norms of silver and black. (a massive market, which I find difficult to believe no one has tapped into)

All just a few of the ideas / things I'd like to see more of on a DSLR...
Ironically I probably wouldn't buy one with ALL of the above on it...but I'd sure like to play with one for a while just to see what it's like.

Last edited by Joe; 30-11-07 at 21:42.
Old 01-12-07, 13:21

Default Apple iDSLR Correction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieZ740 View Post

Sorry James you only got the the initial concept draft. Apple have decided to switch to Nano Technology and have reviewed the spec. It includes all you state plus the fact that Nano Tech enables you to miniaturize it. It will be a 500 mega pixel camera and it will be stereo mounted on either side of a pair of spectacles called iSpecs. The viewfinder will appear in the lens in front of your eye as a HUD or Heads up Display. Each unit will have a built in Nikkor 0-10,000mm f1.8 IF Zoom Lens the size of a pin head - so we return to true pinhole photography - also to give 3D photography it will project Holographic images to your home TV. Direction and framing can be controlled by two Mark 7 Nintendo Wii's which are in the form of two finger worn rings so you can use either unit independently. Built in Hard drives of 5 tetra gigs ( upgradable ) with built in Photoshop CS5 and Apple Apperture 5 will enable you to edit, store, catalogue, retouch and merge etc. while walking about (visible in HUD)and controlled by Wii's. To take a picture the HUD will read your own eyes and click on a blink or on one of the Wii's whichever you program in. As it tracks your vision it will automatically assess which is best Photograph and so you never miss a shot you will be able to rewind it's memory. It is also a green product and solar powered - with optional wind turbine for grey days - Apple are still working on miniaturizing the turbine as they are on the built in Flash which at present consists of a full Bowens studio set in a back-pack. The built in A2 photo printer is carried in the back pack also along with a roll of A2 Archive Quality Photo paper. Each one will come with a Hummer vehicle to carry the accessory packs. Volunteers required for testing and Price to be announced !!!

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 01-12-07, 22:29

Smile It all exists now

Sounds like an Olympus E-3 with wifi memory card fitted. I know they are only available as SD at the moment CF can't be long in coming. I am afraid I discount anything which says ipod, iphone or itune automatically.
Old 02-12-07, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy153 View Post
Sorry James you only got the the initial concept draft. Apple have decided to switch to Nano Technology and have reviewed the spec. It includes all you state plus the fact that Nano Tech enables you to miniaturize it. It will be a 500 mega pixel camera and it will be stereo mounted on either side of a pair of spectacles called iSpecs. The viewfinder will appear in the lens in front of your eye as a HUD or Heads up Display. Each unit will have a built in Nikkor 0-10,000mm f1.8 IF Zoom Lens the size of a pin head - so we return to true pinhole photography - also to give 3D photography it will project Holographic images to your home TV. Direction and framing can be controlled by two Mark 7 Nintendo Wii's which are in the form of two finger worn rings so you can use either unit independently. Built in Hard drives of 5 tetra gigs ( upgradable ) with built in Photoshop CS5 and Apple Apperture 5 will enable you to edit, store, catalogue, retouch and merge etc. while walking about (visible in HUD)and controlled by Wii's. To take a picture the HUD will read your own eyes and click on a blink or on one of the Wii's whichever you program in. As it tracks your vision it will automatically assess which is best Photograph and so you never miss a shot you will be able to rewind it's memory. It is also a green product and solar powered - with optional wind turbine for grey days - Apple are still working on miniaturizing the turbine as they are on the built in Flash which at present consists of a full Bowens studio set in a back-pack. The built in A2 photo printer is carried in the back pack also along with a roll of A2 Archive Quality Photo paper. Each one will come with a Hummer vehicle to carry the accessory packs. Volunteers required for testing and Price to be announced !!!

yeah, your new dslr find is better than mine, i cant wait for the release