WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Help needed on RawShooter essentials 2006

Old 04-09-06, 13:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassan
OK to flush the bios I need to boot with update on floppy drive that my PC does not have so temporally this is halted till either I upgrade into a new motherboard cpu (AMD dual core 64) that I just got, or find one floppy to be installed, now looking at kind neighbors trash for an old pc...
BTW while checking of RAW readers I encountered a new software that does enhancement including reading RAW that is in beta version and developer is willing to give full license for those how like to test it LINK.
Hi sassan

Here's a web link for a small utility for creating a boot disk on a CD, also documentation. You'll need to boot your pc direct from this CD, you can put your bios update on it as well. Let me know if it works for you.
http://www.bootdisk.com/mexico/flashcd.zip
http://www.bootdisk.com/txtfiles/flashcd.txt

nirofo.
Old 05-09-06, 05:31

Thanks nirfo for you kind LINKs.
I did the CD by pressing F8 and trying to boot from CD, didn't work. Will check your link for future use. The good news is:

RAWSHOOTER IS AGAIN WORKING . . . .

All I did was to think of the large space temporary files needed in RAW and rather being toward last mega bites of my C hard drive, I decided to uninstall the program, then reinstall it on E (I have 3 hard drives on board) where space was abundant. Then after running fresh install still to my surprise I had the same ugly split blue image I upload above, but after deleting all files from "Preference", then changing the file converted type to jpeg instead of default TIF, and also changing the converted subdirectory to drive E, everything turned to normal. Youppy....
Saphire you may want to try the same. I am convinced that it has nothing to do with 30D now.

LINK TO FREE DOWNLOAD Site if anybody needs.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 05-09-06 at 05:41.
Old 05-09-06, 10:51
Super Moderator

Thanks Sassan I managed to get it to work with your help. I had to removed all links to the old software which had been put on my boot drive which is only small, cleaned the registry and then re-installed to larger drive. Now it works perfectly. Thanks again.

Christine
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 05-09-06, 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassan
Thanks nirfo for you kind LINKs.
I did the CD by pressing F8 and trying to boot from CD, didn't work. Will check your link for future use. The good news is:

RAWSHOOTER IS AGAIN WORKING . . . .

All I did was to think of the large space temporary files needed in RAW and rather being toward last mega bites of my C hard drive, I decided to uninstall the program, then reinstall it on E (I have 3 hard drives on board) where space was abundant. Then after running fresh install still to my surprise I had the same ugly split blue image I upload above, but after deleting all files from "Preference", then changing the file converted type to jpeg instead of default TIF, and also changing the converted subdirectory to drive E, everything turned to normal. Youppy....
Saphire you may want to try the same. I am convinced that it has nothing to do with 30D now.

LINK TO FREE DOWNLOAD Site if anybody needs.

You need to enter your bios setup and change the boot up sequence to read from the default CD drive first, then re-boot your computer with the CD in the default CD drive!

Changing the file converted type from TIF to JPEG may well work on face value, JPEG's are smaller files and need much less space on your drive, unfortunately by converting to JPEG you are losing a lot of the original data that your RAW file held. To retain the maximum image quality you need to save your converted RAW files as TIF's, if you then need a JPEG you can save a copy of the original image as a JPEG at the size you require. You need to make a new default folder on one of your drives that has plenty of free space and point Rawshooter to save to this folder in preference.

nirofo.

Last edited by nirofo; 05-09-06 at 13:53.
Old 05-09-06, 16:03
Super Moderator

Sassan I can't remember but is there a crop tool in Rawshooter, I'll be blowed but I can't find one and I could have sworn there was one.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,

Old 06-09-06, 22:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
Sassan I can't remember but is there a crop tool in Rawshooter, I'll be blowed but I can't find one and I could have sworn there was one.

Definatly in the Premium Version.
Chris
Old 06-09-06, 22:46
Super Moderator

Thats a shame I thought it was in the free version as well, you can't get the premium version anymore.

Old 13-09-06, 03:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Thats a shame I thought it was in the free version as well, you can't get the premium version anymore.
Agree. Nevertheless you can set "Automatically open with" in the Batch convert menu to photoshop so that any time you add any picture, it automatically opens up in PS giving you all the needed and more, edit power.
Set it if not selected before.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 14-09-06, 21:25
Super Moderator

Thanks for the info Sassan, I already do that I was hopeing to do it all in the one program rather than keep swapping. I do use capture one pro but I find rawshooter is quicker.