WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > General Photography Technique

General Photography Technique Discussion on General Photography Technique

Black and White processing

Old 23-03-06, 18:52

Ron,
I will go away and see if I can find out a bit more on the dev. All this stuff in the loft drives me crazy at times. I bet I find it up there once we have got our answer. This has happened to me with other things on more than one occasion.

Maybe we have a ghost.

Don
Old 23-03-06, 19:03

I will post this link before I read it. Had a few pc probs recently and I may have a job finding it again.
It is a pdf file so I can save it to my pc for future reference. http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/PDF/ID-11.pdf

Don
Old 23-03-06, 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey
I will post this link before I read it. Had a few pc probs recently and I may have a job finding it again.

Don
Amazing. I should become a fortune teller. Started on the PDF and pc froze so just done a restart.

Ron,

Having read the sheet I remember the product now. The answer is in this extract from the instructions. Page 8 of PDF file

[ If a series of individual films is being developed in 1 litre of stock ID-11, compensate for the loss of developer activity after developing the first film by increasing the development time 10% for each successive film - see table. This method of adjustment is assuming that either the whole litre or part of the litre is used to develop each film. If only part of the developer is used then its used and unused parts are mixed together before processing of subsequent films ]

Hope this helps.

Don
Old 23-03-06, 19:51
Super Moderator

Thats the way I read it Ron. I personaly would still have a go at working out dilutions of the stock solution and times, so I could still get the 10 films but throw away after each film so keeping main solution fresh. I am not saying to do that its just the type of thing I would try if it was me.

In the past I remember checking out a drum with water and an old piece of film and put cling film over the end and putting just enough liquid in until I could see that the film was covered. I would stand and hand turn the canister on its side and just keep rolling it back and to for the development time. Most times I only used half of the chemical that was recommended.

That was me I always liked to cut corners.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 23-03-06, 21:59

Anybody want to buy some 30-year old, unused D76?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d76.jpg (28.2 KB, 9 views)

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/...00/ppuser/1805

'Write when there is something you know: and not before: and not too damned much after' Ernest Hemingway
Old 25-03-06, 18:20

I still have about 300gms of metol and 500 gms of hydroquinone in the attic.