WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

waiting or not for the image?

Old 23-01-10, 12:02

Default waiting or not for the image?

Hi all…

I was out yesterday freezing my hand near the river in my city shooting some pictures to the river in the fog (not a good fog actually so quite useless trip) and it comes to my mind another interesting topic after ‘light or shadow’ that had quite a good success in the forum.

The point is this one…

Are you waiting for the right second and waiting in one precise place that the right image comes to you or you walk around all day looking for different points of view and subject?

Speaking of Travel Photography are you looking around all day in a new city or stop by an interesting place waiting for something to happen?

Speaking of going out nearby your place shooting ?

Regards
Old 23-01-10, 20:14

I occasionally do the first one which is the best option photographically but I am happily married and want to remain that way so it is mostly take shots as and when. If I do go out on my own there are still time restraints so it ends up a mixture of the two methods at best.
Old 23-01-10, 20:28

I might go with a specific shot in mind, in which case I will wait for it if it looks likely to happen. More often I will look at the conditions and go to a venue that I know will work as things are/going to be shortly. This, I find, works best for me - I'm in a good place and so have a good chance of finding a good image, and it let's me explore and follow my visual fancy more than a planned shoot. (My main love is being out in the landscape, making images of it is important, but comes second.)
Old 23-01-10, 22:02

Interesting reading... I basically got a plan but shoots come by themself so many times.
Old 25-01-10, 12:23

Mostly I'm waiting for that stupid pillock to get out the way. You know the person that sticks him or herself right in the way of the shot, looks and sees you waiting to take an unobstructed view, then proceeds to read a guidebook or look at a map, or do just about anything but get out of the way.

OTOH if I'm doing street photography I find a suitable backdrop, position myself in full view and partially raise the camera making it obvious as to what I'm doing, then when I stupid pillock gets in the way I take the photo.

Otherwise I'm photographing bugs and take them as I find them.
Old 25-01-10, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by walwyn View Post
Mostly I'm waiting for that stupid pillock to get out the way. You know the person that sticks him or herself right in the way of the shot, looks and sees you waiting to take an unobstructed view, then proceeds to read a guidebook or look at a map, or do just about anything but get out of the way.

OTOH if I'm doing street photography I find a suitable backdrop, position myself in full view and partially raise the camera making it obvious as to what I'm doing, then when I stupid pillock gets in the way I take the photo.

Otherwise I'm photographing bugs and take them as I find them.

Same thing here!! someone stop forever!!!