WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Photoshop cs2

Old 02-12-06, 16:53

Default Photoshop cs2

I have just got myself Photoshop CS2, (I have been using Elements 3)
And I totally lost with CS2. My question is, can anybody recommend some good basic books on CS2 (the more basic the better) with lots of tips and tutorials.
Lello

No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life lived chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.

Lelsphotos
Old 02-12-06, 22:59

Lello,

I bought a quick and easy guide, so I thought and binned it. The most comprehensive guide I found was Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Photographers by Martin Evening. I have to admit to doing most of my stuff in Nikon NX, as that is dead easy, then using clone brush for spotting and sharpen resize etc in CS2.

Things are well explained in the book but at 675 pages long it shows the complexity of the program.

Don
Old 02-12-06, 23:23

I think I do need something to get me started, maybe a book with some exercises on a few straight forward every day things that I might use. I have to admit I enjoy the taking of photographs a lot more than manipulating them,
but I know that PS is needed from time to time. I might start taking photo's in Raw to see how I get on. Thanks for the tip I will go to smiths and see what I can find.

No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life lived chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.

Lelsphotos
Old 02-12-06, 23:33

I have a number of Photoshop books, my favourite author being Deke McClelland who writes the Photoshop Bible Series, but rather than recommend the CS" Bible I would suggest Deke McCellands Adobe Photoshop CS2 "One-On-One".

This is an excellent book for newcomers to CS2 and also for the not so new. On reading this book I realised just how much of the basics that I'd overlooked.

It comes complete with tutorial DVD, supplying images for the tutorials and also videos.

I think the cost is 18 pounds from Amazon.

Strange whilst typing this message my keyboard has changed from UK English to American English. No pound sign and the @ and " have swapped over.

Harry
Old 02-12-06, 23:39

Thanks wolfie
I think that's exactly what I'm looking for, I think the tutorial DVD will help.

Lelsphotos
Old 03-12-06, 05:15

I always like the free stuff.
Just click on the "Help" to end of tool bar and either use index or search and type what you want to do. Adobe's on line help is excellent to almost any question you have in mind. Additionally you have F1 or help from hard drive that gives also good amount info, IMHO more that what you may need.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 03-12-06 at 05:17.
Old 03-12-06, 16:04

Thanks Sassan
I think the help on PS is very good but you can't beat sitting in front of the PC with a book instead of flicking between the help screen and back to the working screen. I could print the help screens out, That could take at least a week or so and about 4 lots of ink cartridges and maybe a whole pack of paper (So I won't go down that avenue)

Lelsphotos
Old 03-12-06, 16:21

For the printing part you are right but if you have the second monitor, one for support, one for work area, everything is solved.
Digital is the way to go and please save the trees and green forest from being turn into paper, when not needed.

" JOE BIDEN
Old 03-12-06, 16:33

I'm hoping the the book I want is already published and that bookshop won't need to go and chop down another tree especially for me!

Lelsphotos
Old 04-12-06, 00:21

L O L ...

" JOE BIDEN