WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Off Topic > Computers and The Internet

Computers and The Internet This is the place to ask questions and discuss the complex world of computer and internet issues.

own webpage

Old 01-04-07, 11:36
Super Moderator

Default own webpage

I have a websites set-up and know how to create and update.

But what I want now is to have a web page totally separate where I can just add an odd photo for someone to look at and then delete. I don't need a full site. I just created another site and uploaded one photo but it can't be seen until I set an index, which I don't want to have to do. Is there an easier way.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 01-04-07, 12:07

Use a free flickr or photobucket account.

You can set the attributes to private, and then just send a link to whomever. Later on you just delete the picture.
Old 01-04-07, 14:32
Super Moderator

Thanks walwyn I have registered with flickr and it works just the way I want it. Sometimes it was a bit frustrating not being able to put links in PM's or threads and wondered how people did it. Now its all sorted.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 06-05-07, 00:58

Some sites have "difficult to understand" layouts or sometimes the "terms of service"(*) aren't to my liking so I tend to create a folder on my web site with no index file and upload the files there.

Here's a sample of what viewers will see:
http://www.pictureinthesky.net/external/wpf/server.gif

You don't have the thumbnails that people can see when using sites like flickr or photobucket but you can rest assured that your photos are on your web space under your terms and conditions.

(*) I've noticed some sites mention in their terms and conditions that material uploaded to them become their property or that they're allowed to do with it what they wish like use your material elsewhere without permission - not many people actually read these terms and realise what they're giving others permission to do!
Old 06-05-07, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
*) I've noticed some sites mention in their terms and conditions that material uploaded to them become their property or that they're allowed to do with it what they wish like use your material elsewhere without permission - not many people actually read these terms and realise what they're giving others permission to do!
A very good point Zeb, this is something that we should all be aware of.