WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Off Topic > Computers and The Internet

Computers and The Internet This is the place to ask questions and discuss the complex world of computer and internet issues.

Movie making Application?

Old 27-11-07, 09:57

Default Movie making Application?

What's the best application for making a movie combined of video and stills?
Old 27-11-07, 16:44

Hi there Fiona, Depends upon whether you are running Apple Mackintosh or Windows.

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 28-11-07, 06:55

Hi Fiona; Long time no see. I still love your name...
Let me translate the good advise of Andy:
Mac = Finalcut-Pro
PC or Mac = Adobe Premiere Pro

I have a little experience with both and can say they are equally good depending on your familiar platform.

In either case, Render part takes a lot of time if your system is slow or deprived from adequate RAM. HD free space is the other major issue so make sure you have a lot free GBs before starting.

I remember of job I had to make for almost same thing you are asking, adding Still images to edited video and then adding right audio, and to make it even more painful, adding Close caption for the song that people would sing in a very off the scale timing. Adobe Premiere really saved me so well after going through a short tutorial.

Recently a friend of mine asked my help for editing and turning digital video to DVD on a new Hard drive recording panasonic camcorder she just bought and I found the accompanied software provided by the panasonic very easy to use and helpful to perform various tasks including Menu making etc. So this would be another area you want to explore before spending a big sum on software alone.

Make sure you have all the needed cables accessories etc and know your client's expectations or rather educate them ahead of time as what they should experience. For eg if you meat the idiot that wants only Full HD recording, tell him BlueRay or HD-DVD are not yet writable so you may provide them with an external hard drive that has the clip on it at a well to be assessed by you price (Please don't go cheap)...

Of course video is not my primary interest but when in need, I suggest Adobe PP.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 28-11-07, 16:13

If you are on PC and its for personal use I would give Windows Movie Make a try before you go shopping for software. You'll already have it as part of your windows package, its very easy to use and could get you started.
Old 29-11-07, 11:08

Thanks for the suggestions. It's for a guy I work with. He has tried Windows Movie maker but isn't happy with the quality. I pass on Sassans suggestion.

Hey Sassan, I have been awol recently haven't I? things have been hectic with work etc and I've hardly even taken a shot. I'm planning to be on a lot more soon.