WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

New Cameras on the market.

Old 26-01-08, 17:39

Default New Cameras on the market.

No one is happier than consumers if you are not affected by the recession of course.

Many new cameras are just out.

- Canon came with a quick replacement of EOS 400 / XTi, new EOS450 or XSi.

- Pentax has K20D to replace its flagship K10.
Debbie I am pretty sure you may get a K10 soon but don't spoil that nice Duncan too much

- Off course the consumer level K100 is also getting the benefit of replacement by K200D.

-Fujifilm (In digital age when everyone gets the shine of D or Digital, why on the world Fuji still insists on stigma attached word "Film"?! May be there is reason they can't find enough buyers...) has S100FS that thorough a light into you darkness with ISO 10,000, if you switch to lower MP of 3.

- Samsung has always paralleled Pentex, this time with their own body and software and of course same Pentax K mounts, compatible with virtually any K mount lens ever built of course it comes with the well famed name of Schneider D-XENON as kit lens. Low flash synch, is still a problem.

- Sony had A700 out not too long back so no new DSLR but they have DSC-H10 with good capabilities and off course Zeiss lens. Olympus also seems happy enought with previous release of Olympus E-3.

Nikon: No they don't have much new either and no I am not getting to the dark side with Sith and dark temptations that still have though time to control...

I left the P&S but if interested check PMA news or dpreview for more info.

Now as for me, I am disappointed in hearing no news about highly expected to arrive, Canon 5D MkII or whatever Canon likes to call it. You get the Japan's news quicker on that side of Ponds, does anyone have any news apart from the rumors that are out during past 1-2 years??

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 26-01-08, 18:09

Probably the most interesting thing about the K20D is that the sensor is made by Samsung. Having another sensor manufacturer will mean incresed competition in this area and that has to be good for all users, regardless of which brand they choose.

Edit:
Just had a look at the specs. If you set it to record in 1.6 Megapixel mode, it'll do 20fps!
Old 26-01-08, 19:19

Only heard the rumour your much awaited 5D mk2 will be an August release so that looks quite likely now. Patience is a virtue or so they say!
Old 26-01-08, 19:24

Yes Duncan, that is 115 one of those pictures too in one burst so you don't go short of missing a fraction of second action happening but in lower rez.

Samsung has a feature that I was forecasting, but truly didn't expect to see it soon in market. HDR. Yes it has a HDR feature that say 3 types? I am very curious to know more about it as it was always my dream to have a camera that take a single image of a given scene in full HDR version... Price of both this one and K20 seems very interesting too, putting D300, 40D in shame.

Seems like a lot excitement out there.

" JOE BIDEN
Old 26-01-08, 19:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoll View Post
Only heard the rumour your much awaited 5D mk2 will be an August release so that looks quite likely now. Patience is a virtue or so they say!
Thanks.
I initially heard Feb 2008.
I am a patient person, but Canon better beware of compatitionzzz.

" JOE BIDEN
Old 27-01-08, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassan View Post
Samsung has a feature that I was forecasting, but truly didn't expect to see it soon in market. HDR. Yes it has a HDR feature that say 3 types? I am very curious to know more about it as it was always my dream to have a camera that take a single image of a given scene in full HDR version... Price of both this one and K20 seems very interesting too, putting D300, 40D in shame.

Seems like a lot excitement out there.
Not surprisingly, the Pentax has this feature too. Incedentally, the K10D can do multiple-exposure shooting with automatic exposure compensation. Some users have been using this feature to create in-camera HDR images already by bracketing over a wide range of settings and merging them in camera using this feature, though it's not the one-shot solution you are after.
Old 28-01-08, 03:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelvertoft View Post
though it's not the one-shot solution you are after.
How about this new HDR setting on new samsung and K20? is that the one bottom solution to real HDR looking picture?

" JOE BIDEN
Old 28-01-08, 09:47

I've been looking through the press recently, mainly just to see what I will most likely be selling within the coming year. We've had reps' from Samsung, Fuji,Sony,Panasonic and Kodak....many many more new consumer compacts due for launch too..as this is the time of year.
Interestingly, Panasonic who are now heavily committed to Secure digital technology are due to launch more High Capacity cards in a joint ventue with Toshiba. Texas Instruments are also pushing the boundaries further in the CompactFlash format too....expect to see to major new massive capacity and incredibly high write speeds in the coming year.

I would have to agree with Duncan re the New Pentax K20 DSLR. A very impressive machine. It's good to see Pentax and Samsung have jumped into bed together for the forseeable future.....I DO hope this camera is marketed properly. I feel this is an area Pentax have been lacking in the past (big time).

From what we've had come through it looks set to be a year where more hybrid and low end DSLR's help to blurr that boundary. No longer is it the case where a DSLR owner has to know what an F stop or shutter speed is to get a picture (tho it still helps) Green 'Auto' and custom modes lead the way.
From rep speak I could be lead to believe Kodak may have something up their sleeves......although maybe Fuji and Samsung haven't told them they've been wearing short sleeves for the past few years!...I'll believe it when I see (and test it) for myself.
What a dissapointment their 12mp HD cameras have been so far!
Nikon and Canon need not worry.(about Kodak atleast)

On the movie making front, I would like to see Panasonic make more of themselves, and Sony being more transparent regarding HD technology. Not a lot on the JVC front tho... Hitachi are coming into the fray big time with a few new blue ray units.
Whether or not consumers really benefit at this early stage of technology, or still continue to blindly ignore HDMI and connect up their HD equipment with scart cables is another matter!

onwards through 2008

Last edited by Joe; 28-01-08 at 09:50.
Old 28-01-08, 12:17

Nice insights Sassan, Duncan & Joe, keep us posted.

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 29-01-08, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassan View Post

Nikon: No they don't have much new either and no I am not getting to the dark side with Sith and dark temptations that still have though time to control...
what about the D60???