WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

Canon G10

Old 06-10-08, 01:08

Default Canon G10

Its out.
When everyone's attention is glued to 5D MKII, this 14.7 MP miraculous Canon went very much out looked.
G series has traditionally been a DSLR equivalent or better, Point and Shoot camera bodies made by Canon and after very successful G6, G9 now G10 is available for the interested photographer that want to carry a tiny body capable of all the big giant ones.
Its Under $500 in USA. Very reasonably priced identical or even cheaper to G9 when it was introduced.

LINK

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 24-10-08, 17:37

These cameras are often over looked, as they don't have the same wow factor I think. I always liked some of the old Canon S series compacts. Might have suffered from 'house brick' styling and were about the same weight as some smaller DSLR's now, but the RAW mode and clarity from them was simply breath taking....
With so many people wanting the next new model, they also have to be some of the best secondhand bargains around now
Old 25-10-08, 16:34

Joe; You are absolutely right.
G and S series are really amazing.
I am wishing to see more people realize the power of these especially G series that I know for a fact many top notch pros use as their hidden secret camera.
Well if you have to have an excellent sharp image that can create picture to be enlarged to billboard size print and you must use 1/4000 second speed with flash for the subject, you may not have much choice even among the most expensive DSLRs but to use this ting G10 that comes under $500 in US.
There was one very interesting youtube clip to reveal the power of this little one but I just can't find it. If found, will leave a link here.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN