WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Gitzo=so slow.

Old 21-10-06, 18:18

Default Gitzo=so slow.

Anybody know whats going on with Gitzo?
Ordered a G1548 2 months ago from WE. Still no idea of a delivery date
Regards Rob.
Old 21-10-06, 19:08

Don't know about Gitzo but 2 weeks is upper limit of my tolerance for any seller.
Red flag is up. Call them and talk personally.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 21-10-06, 19:38

hI Bob,
sorry to hear about your frustration with the delay, as stated by Sassan, chech it out but I am sure you have already done that.It may be something to do with the price increase, of about £70, make sure you get it at the price you ordered it.
It is a very strong, rigid pod and really is a must if you are using a 400/2.8, 500/4 or 600/4 with/without converters or the big Sigmas.
If and when (soon I hope), you receive it you may want to consider some form of shoulder protection especially if you intend to carry it some distance.
Also if you work in sandy/dusty conditions make the the effort to wipe the legs down with a cloth as they are a close fit within the joints, this will save you bother in the long run with binding joints.
regards Subzero, hope it arrives soon.
Old 22-10-06, 13:12

I have e-mailed Warehouse express several times for updates, which they have given me, but they have still got no idea of a delivery date from the UK importer (Kata i believe.) Just wondered what the hold up is with Gitzo's (i have heard of others that are also waiting.)
Regards Rob.
Old 23-10-06, 21:05
Admin

Curious but it may be that Gitzo are revamping the 1548 as they have done with their other Mountaineers. Have you tried Bob Rigby?
cheers,
Andy
Old 06-11-06, 13:46

Thumbs up

I have finally cracked after 2 1/2 months! After emailng Warehouse express a couple more times, & still not getting any idea of a delivery date, i had a look at www.bobrigby.com . (Thanks Andy.) A Quick phone call ascertained that they had quite a few in stock, one of which could be with me tomorrow! Needless too say i ordered one there & then & the price was competetive.
Will post impressions after i get my hands on it.
Regards Rob.