WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

You might still be in luck for free repair of your digital camera, if got 2002 to 04

Old 02-08-06, 00:56

Thumbs up You might still be in luck for free repair of your digital camera, if got 2002 to 04

Not a new news but thought might be useful to someone out there with a dead digital camera. If you bought your camera 2-4 years back and your camera is listed you may be able to benefit from the free repair of defective senor.

< L I N K >

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 02-08-06 at 01:00.
Old 06-08-06, 22:18

My 5700 is in at the moment getting this very repair done and I'm missing it. It may not be the DSLR that I'm dreaming of but it sure beats the pants off off of my wee compact. I almost feel like the hands missing off of the end of my arm.
Old 06-08-06, 22:19

My 5700 is in at the moment getting this very repair done and I'm missing it. It may not be the DSLR that I'm dreaming of but it sure beats the pants off off of my wee compact. I almost feel like the hands missing off of the end of my arm.

Fiona
Old 16-08-06, 20:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by finlaw

Fiona
Wish to see it safe and sound with new sensor, soon.
Nothing is better than a free repair.

And Fiona be proul of your point and shot cam and always remember that, this is the photographer who makes the picture, tools are only complimentary.

Hopefully everyone out there how may have a problem, can get it fix free before the program expires.

" JOE BIDEN
Old 22-09-06, 22:30

well I got my camera back about 4 weeks ago with an additional fault that it never had when it went in. Not amused and v annoyed. 1st of all they tried to charge me until I told them it was on the Nikon website then get it back with an additional fault get told it'll be looked at the next day and it was nearly a week before they looked at it and told me they needed to order another part.

So I am now at 10 weeks and counting. I'm emmigrating to Oz in about 6 weeks so they'd better get their finger out!!!
Old 24-09-06, 18:05

I would ask Nikon for their compensation for the long time they have let you without camera (Aren't they suppose to give you a loaner camera if the repair is beyond certain amount of time? Honestly I would think not but worth’s to bring it out). Then mention them you other friends who bought Canon without faulty Sony's sensors are much happier and are this what Nikon answers to its faithful consumers? Make sure to mention them you will reflect the outcome of this on the net and in particular, in world wide visited specific photography sites. I would ask them if the camera is having so many problems that has taken so much time, why aren't the replacing it with an equivalent new camera or give you adequate, reasonable incentive to buy a new one.

No matter what you say make sure you are polite all the time. You may raise your voice but only in a polite fashion as the customer service person generally have that ability to bring you to the level that you get out off your mood and that is the time that you have lost the battle.

Don't give up when you know you are right and be patient little longer.

" JOE BIDEN
Old 24-09-06, 18:25

Cheers Sassan I was going to wait until I got it back fully repaired and then complain about the service centre to Nikon. Maybe I should complain now though and see if they will give me any compensation!